The mission of the Midwest Nut Producers Council (MNPC) is to enhance the region’s
commercial nut industry through education, research and promotion of nuts and the tree species and varieties that bear nuts.
The MNPC was founded in 1992.
The MNPC is a non-profit organization with bylaws, a president and a board of directors
and is affliated with Michigan State University.
The goals of MNPC are to promote:
1) the establishment of nut and certain small fruit tree plantings in the region
2) the best growing practices for nut trees with respect to sustainable agricultural goals when at all possible
3) scientific research in nut tree breeding and culture
4) better production techniques
5) nut and certain small fruit quality
6) marketing in terms of the education of the producer, the retailer and the general public.